Other interesting posts relating to Project Phoenix and the news that Acorn cancelled Phoebe.
- List of improvements in RISC OS 4.00
- Details of Wimp2, the RISC OS preemptor.
- Element 14 Ltd. at Acorn's address have registered
the domain name e-14.com - is this Acorn's new name?
As well as e-14.com,
Element 14 Ltd. has also registered the domain names element14.co.uk and e14.co.uk,
but not e14.com and element14.com (which were already taken), and neither element-14
nor elementfourteen (co.uk or com which are available) - confused yet?
- Acorn were to auction the car number plate R 15 COS at Acorn World.
- David Clare comments on the RISC OS 4 release.
- Mention of the Steering Group organisation, and that the
working title is The Risc OS Foundation (not RISC OS?).
- Copies of articles in the FT about Acorn.
- A summary of articles in the FT about Acorn.
- Comments on the effect of lazy task swapping on
an ARM610. (Google)
- Paul Corke explains lazy task swapping.
- Stuart Halliday mentions an announcement is probably due within 7 days, two groups are
trying to raise money for Phoebe and RISC OS 4, and estimated percentage of Acorn
users on the Internet, all in one post!
- Rik Griffin writes a probable timeline of the Steering Group
/ Dutch company events. (Google)
- There will apparently not be an Acorn version of the
new Sibelius program. (Google)
- The Case for Linux, an excellent article by Mike
Kinghan, outlining the differences between two views of our future, Fundamentalist and
Reformist, and why he is a Reformer.
- Someone posts Phoebe benchmarks.
[188.8.131.52 is at Acorn according to RIPE, and I think the Dejanews setup would also
require access to firstname.lastname@example.org mail for that to appear in the from header. However the
Dejanews information could be forged if posted somewhere else along the path.]
- Ross Tierney's guide to symmetric multi-processing (SMP)
and why it won't work on ARMs. (Google)
- Ross Tierney posts the URL
of Forbidden Phoenix speculative specs.
- Keith Hall quotes a reply from Stan Boland.
- Nick Chalk mentions Archive's position and mailing list.
- Former Acorn employee, Alastair France, comments on the
- Neil Spellings says many RISC OS 4 improvements require
a StrongARM Rev.T.
- Comments from Alastair France, one of the 60 made redundant,
Acorn fundamentally is the people
- Phoebe or Phoenix?, Reg Hems starts use of Phoenix to
describe plans for future development.
- Deja vu, Mark Moxon compares recent events with the closure of
Acorn Australia and Acorn New Zealand.
- Forbidden Technologies suggestions for a new system
which kicked off a lot of discussion.
- Chris Evans' reaction
- Return to Phoenix information.